Posted on 28th Mar, 2015
If you discard the tourist in you and embrace the life of a traveler, you tend to find beauty in the journey instead of the destination. Having traveled across 11 states in India, most of them on 2 wheels, I've come across some of the most beautiful roads in India. These road trips have left an indelible mark in my mind. Here are some of my favorite roads in India...
1. Stuck in snowfall at 12300 feet, Manali - Leh highway.
2. NH 212, passing through the Bandipur forest en route Ooty.
3. When the colossal mountains make you feel insignificant, Manali - Leh highway.
4. The blue sky and blue water providing a surreal experience.
5. National Highway 21 - The picturesque views are just mesmerizing!
6. NH 1D, The road disappearing into the horizon, en route Kargil!
7. Mahabaleshwar, a popular tourist place in Maharashtra.
8. One of the high altitude passes on the Manali - Leh highway.
9. Manali - Leh highway - A surreal experience!
10. Typical Konkan roads.
11. Find the river, find the road - Somewhere deep in the Himalayas.
12. Early morning on the road meandering through coffee plantations in Coorg in South India.
13. NH 222 between Kalyan near Mumbai and Nirmal in Telangana, as straight as it gets.
14. The twisty descent from the top of Rohtang - truly mesmerizing roads!
15. A coastal road in Konkan
16. Roads in the deep woods of Dandeli forest, Karnataka
17. Taglang La - World's second highest pass, 17582 feet
18. Anjarle Beach Viewpoint in the Ratnagairi district of Maharashtra
19. Somewhere on NH 21
20. A random road in the Western Ghats in Karnataka (notice the fog - you can see the light of the vehicle at the end)
21. NH 1D, everybody loves curves
22. Kashmir - The Paradise on Earth
23. When good or bad roads mean nothing, it's the view you enjoy
24. The scariest road I've ever encountered in India - Zozila pass
25. NH 4(Mumbai to Chennai), for the ones who don't believe India has good roads
Pranav loves travel, hiking and adventure sports. He is always on the lookout for an excuse to ride motorcycles with bike rides ranging from a quick 100 km sprint for breakfast to the World's Highest Motorable Road in the Himalayas. He has varied interests from Computer Science to Sports to Politics and Literature. Currently, a biker without a bike.
India, Road Trips, Beautiful Roads, Highways, Scenic Roads of India, Himalayas, Forest Roads, Coastal Roads